Tuesday, January 12, 2016

0- Day one of Ed Tech

I have been using technology now for a very long time. Because of my age, technology has been around for my entire life. I first experienced technology when I was around seven. I would play on the computer on children's sites like Disney.com. As I grew older, so did the evolution of technology. I purchased the first ever iPod when I was 10. Ever since then, I have been using Apple products, from my phone, to my laptop. Many people my age, always have the newest and latest form of technology and because of this I have been surrounded by it for my entire life.

I hope to learn many things from this class. After taking this course, I want to have a better understanding of how technology plays a part in our society. In addition, I want to know how to utilize technology in classes while teaching. As of right now, I would not say I am the most "tech-savy" person, but as I continue in this course, I want to become better and grow more knowledge of how to use everything on the computer. In addition, I want to become familiar with how to not only utilize technology in a classroom but also how to teach my students how to properly use technology in the classroom. I am a very visual learner and have always enjoyed when teachers use pictures, or graphs. Because of this, I would like to do the same for my students.

After today's first class, I have discovered many things about myself. In class we were told to take a test that would determine what kind of learning style we follow. According to my results, I am more of an active learned as opposed to a reflective learner. I always tend to remember information when I am physically doing it or some kind of action. I scored a 1 on the sensing vs. intuitive test. which is pretty equal between the two. According to the visual vs. verbal test, I am much more of a visual learner. This does not surprise me at all. I do not like to listen to teachers ramble on and on because I usually lose them halfway through a lecture. Because of this, I learn and retain information so much better through pictures and graphs. Lastly, I scored a 1 on sequential vs. global. Again, this does not surprise me that much because I have always tried to look at a problem in the big picture. However, I do not follow at all when teachers jump from topic to topic. I would much rather have the teacher go step by step on how to do a problem. Again, I was not too surprised by my results because I am very aware of what type of learner I am. 


2 comments:

  1. In some assignments, I will proceed step-by-step, in others I will show a few tools and let you explore. If you need additional help, speak up. Many of your sequential classmates will have the same questions. And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some assignments, I will proceed step-by-step, in others I will show a few tools and let you explore. If you need additional help, speak up. Many of your sequential classmates will have the same questions. And have fun!

    ReplyDelete