Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Blog Prompt 2

Microsoft Word has played a huge part in my life as a student throughout school. In fact, out of all of my thirteen years in schooling, I have probably used Microsoft Word the most out of every other application on a computer. It has been a platform on which I have written everything from the most important essays of my life, like college essays, to countless assignments for classes. It has also been a place for me to sketch out ideas for papers. I have always had a Mac and have used Microsoft Word to write out documents. In addition, my teachers have used it as well. For example, they would write their syllabus on a word document. In addition, I have also seen teachers use it to write down notes. All together Word has been very useful to me throughout school.

In the educational environment and all throughout high school and college, administrators have always pushed that plagiarizing is wrong. Plagiarizing is when an individual literally copies word for word what another document says. You can get kicked out of school if you are caught for doing it. I have always been very good about citing my sources because I was taught how to do so in high school. As a teacher, I will make sure I inform my students very well about copyright and fair use policies. I think it is extremely important for students to be aware of it before they get themselves into trouble.


After starting the Twitter and personal learning assignment, I have discovered many new skills with Twitter and the social media. I never really knew how much Twitter could benefit me career wise. I have always seen Twitter as a social way to connect with friends and post about random things. Now, after class on Tuesday, I have realized it could help very much with my career in education. I can connect with other teachers who are dealing with the same problems with me. In addition, I can also get to know and become more familiar with important people who were with education, particularly Special Ed. I cannot wait to get started on this project and see how much Twitter could benefit me in my career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment